Click Me ^^

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Memorable Conference Day

It was the first time in my life that I attended a conference.Though it was just a small conference, for me it was truly an exciting and a memorable conference. For times, things were out of my expectation but I learn to be calm and think before react.
Early in the morning while I was preparing to get ready for the conference I accidentally lock my car key inside the room.. I was outside my room look stunned! The first things that came into my mind was to get the door opened. The time stroke 7:50am. I began to felt nervous because I told my friend to wait for me at 7:45am... Time flies and the only thing that I could do is to break into my room to get the keys!!! Or else I would be late even for my own presentation!
My housemates and I tried various way to get the door opened but it seems the door is just too "stubborn" to get opened.. I called KC for help seeing whether he got any idea to get the door opened? He suggested that I used hammer to hammer at the knot of the door... time pass by and it was about 8:10am.. my eagerness inceased and it seemed that I would be crying if I had not find any solution in next 5 minutes!!! Eventually Shiela lend me her car... Phew... She's really the angle send by God for me that morning! *wahaha
I really appreciate the aids given by Shiela at the time I most need! I hurried down the staircase, get in the car and start to speed to fetch KC before leaving to Crown Plaza for the conference! I was really endosed in nervousity.. Maybe this is the first time for me and I put much pressure on myself thus making myself a bit indistinct not at the great preformance of mine! *speachless..
Reaching the junction outside the campus, the traffic lights were not functioning properly and in front of me were 2 timid rider of motorbike who carefully inspecting the condition of the traffic before making their moved! I was directly behind them and I was impatient to wait anymore. I think the cycles were much threthened by me. Apologised for that!!! For your information, the traffic condition that morning was overcrowding!!! Really congested! Since I was driving a manual car, the slow moving of the queue cause my leg to ache! Thus, I requested KC to take over the drive in the middle of the queue!!! Can you imagine? I think I was just insaned that time.
I don't even realised that the traffic condition in Kota Samarahan and Kuching is that bad! (Coz I never went out early in the morning!) The journey from my hostel to Crown Plaza took up more than an hour. Praise the Lord, we reached there around 9:30am just in time! To attend the last speaker to present her presentation... I was a bit relief that time since I was already there no matter I present well or not I could not care much. I will just present whatever that I had prepared! The 3rd section postponed to 10:15am. It was just nice for me to take a sip of coffee and some cakes before presenting!
The time struck 10:15am. It was my turn to present and I was shivering... feeling so cold! Oh my gosh! I was nervous!!! However, I pretended that I was so calm and relax! Bla... bla... bla... within 10 minutes I finished my presentations... and was posted a few questions which I don't even know what am I answering! Thought I didn't present it well, I had learned a lot in this presentations! Gaining precious experiences.. relieves....
It was lunch time, we took our lunch at Crown Plaza then we headed to Saberkas to buy some stuff! There we were caught in the jam for more than 30minutes!!! We were late for the 5th sections again!!! Jacq and Simon both were late for their service! Then it was KC's turn to present his first paper! Simon, Jacq and I were all there giving him support.. His topic was such a fame that he was posted lots of questions!!! By that time it was nearly 5pm already!!! Is time for his 2nd paper presentation! We all rushed up to 18th floors.. who knows the presentation ended some time ago!!! KC missed his presentation.. a bit disappointed!!!
Phew.. eventually it was the closing ceremony and we headed back to KS after having our dinner. While having our dinner, Sheila called, saying that she want her car back!!! I wonder is it because she was urgent to get to the airport or something!!! Who knows by the time I reached there she told me that she just want to get her sunglasses!!! Oh my gosh!!! I was really speechless... really speechless!!! anyway I still make it on time for her.
Once reaching hostel, I could not spare anymore time. I grabs the keys and headed to the small group meeting!!! Definitely I was late and look pale because I was rahter sleepy. Then they told me that Erica had did the same thing as me this morning! I was astonished such a great experienced as mine that morning!!! Then Karen said what happened to the 2 'Yun' both look so blur that day!!! *wahaha... true as well.
After helping Erica to open her door through the window. I headed back to hostel!!! Exhausted!!! BUT is not the time to rest yet... I still have 2 pails of clothes to be washed!!! After all the laundry and bathe... phew... it was 11:20pm already... while waiting for my hair to dry up.. I went online.. meeting some friends and have a short chat...
Time struck 1:30am... ZZZzzz.. sleepy mode conquered me... I rest myself on the cozy bed and sleep so soundly...
waking up this morning another busy day!!! Time to do multi media presentation for the thanksgiving conference...
Now a bit tired doing all the converting and searching... take time to blog on my wonderful and excited experienced of the day before...

No comments: