Click Me ^^

Monday, December 8, 2008

A serious mistake

Being a nurse is my dream since I was in my teens. However, due to some constrains I have to give up my dream to be a nurse and turn up to be what I am now! Be in the field of engineering. Oh well, I should admit that I'm my parent's daughter!!! Kinda Guai lui.. Oh well, even though I was not in the medical field, I’m still keeping myself up to date with the medical information and often having some discussions with my friends in the field! Kinda never wanna give up even thought I can't have my dream come true.. wahaha***

Here I wanna share with all my readers regarding a news that a friend of mine who is currently still pursuing her degree in nursing discuss with me.

What I am concern is that a medical staffs in practice should be under the supervision of an experienced staff. Though they are well "taught" in their class, proper guidance and explanation should be carried out while practicing. Practical involves real life man!!! Not dolls!!!

I was shocked when she told me that one of the practical students accidentally injected albuterol nebulizer into a patient's vein! O.o Oh my goodness!!! Albuterol is a kind of bronchodilator which aids in relaxing the muscles in the airways thus helps in increasing the air flow into the lungs to prevent exercise-induce bronchospasm. For your information this so called albuterol nebulizer should be inhale by a patient in gases form. I repeated Inhale in gases form... I really could not imagine she injected albuterol nebulizer into the patient's vein!!! Heeelllloooo... O.o

For sure the patient could not sustain the nebulizer overdose / poisoning and end up being brought to ICU...

That pity gal, I'm not gonna named her here.. she is banned for her training in xx specialize hospital and for worst she might not be able to continue her study if the organization reported to the board of nurses!!! This is really once and for all mistake! Once and you are done! GoNE.. the future.. haih.. careless gal..

So medical officers (especially trainees) be alert while carrying out your task and make sure that you pay enough attentions in class and fully awake while carrying out your practice! Good luck to all of you!


No comments: